Updated: May 10, 2021
2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese
2 egg whites
3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Cooking oil (for Frying)
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp of ketchup
1/4 tsp of garlic
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, season with freshly ground pepper, mix to combine.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the dipping sauce. This will help the mixture firm up a bit and make it easier to roll into balls.
3. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, and garlic in a small dipping bowl. Mix until well combined.
4. Form the mixture into 1” cheese balls.
5. Heat oil in a pot/pan to 180C/356F. Test one of your cheese balls to see if it rapidly sizzles, then add a few more being careful lot to crowd the pan. Fry for a couple of minutes or until you see the balls turning golden brown. Flip to brown the other side. Make sure the oil returns to temp before each batch.
6. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to catch excess oil.
Recipe from: Michelle F. Ortiz